cession SWOT - Vania
I know - I was meant to have done this by Wednesday... it becomes a case of prioritising, and Friday is the day - sorry! a few thoughts to follow
- committed bunch of people willing to put themselves on the line week after week to produce an awesome sunday night gathering and all that that involves
- committed, visionary pastors
- general high level of committment from our leadership team
- a community that reaches out to care for each other
- slow overall numerical growth
- tiredness in leaders and volunteer teams due to high output volume
- point of life a large group of us are at is parents of under 5's - possibility for church related tasks is diminished as caring for the kids consumes much energy
- lack of diverse age range esp. older middle aged+ people
- percieved pressure (some) on community members to volunter (when already under high pressure in "life") leading to negative attitudes
- young families - many single income means lower amounts of finance available
- Lloyd Elsmore Park facilities - playground, pools, netball courts in immediate area. Outreach possibilities?
- Incarnational focus of leadership leaving the door open for doing church in new fresh ways that might re-engage the de-churched.
- location that is not highly "visible" or well known - Lloyd Elsmore is known but not the "depot"
I like and am feeling lots of the comments already stated so won't continue by repeating... hope theres something fresh here...