Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Art of Being Ekkeisia - Reflections From Vania

BODY ART (BODY OF CHRIST
WHAT NOT TO WEAR (BRIDE OF CHRIST
CULTURAL ARCHITECTURE (TEMPLE OF LIVING STONES)
BLOGOS (LETTERS WRITTEN ON HUMAN FLESH)

The thing that I can really remember is from week 1 Body Art. At the end of the message Brett was talking about different parts of the physical body and relating it to the church. As part of the response point dolls body parts were handed around. I sat there trying to work out what part of the body I might be and therefore what doll limb I would choose. After thinking on that for a few minutes a random thought struck me...

This past year has been one of the toughest for me. Whatever part of the body (lets say a toe for arguments sake) I am, I feel that I have been broken and kind of dangling - unable to function normally. The significant thing in this picture is that even though I feel I have been somewhat useless and dangling, I have always remained... connected... and a part of the body. What has held me there has been the ligaments. And the ligaments represent my husband, my dear friends, those from my church family who have cared for me (and our family), given me space when I needed it and kept me hanging on.

The bones of this toe are knitting back together and getting stronger each day. So I am eternally grateful to each ligament for keeping me attached.