Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Reinterpreting The Art of Being Ekkeisia template - 'reflections' from old man jakey
Disclaimer: Sorry if you were hoping for something more serious - check out the other great posts!

CHRISTIAN TATTOOS
Personally, I've never really wanted a tattoo, or pierced ears, or coloured hair, or an array of random fashion accessories. I agree, though, that these do suit some people very well. Hopefully cessioncommunity's body art amounts to something a little more thoughtful than a love heart with an arrow through it, or the like...

THE CHURCH IN A WHITE DRESS
Hey, I get into a dress on the odd occasion - though I've not yet been in a white one, except metaphorically - so I have no issue with the Church being in one. Hopefully it will be clean on the day.

RELIGIOUS BLOCKHEADS
I find that is it often difficult to get a good sense of your own cultural architecture without seeing that of some other groups/communities; this can give perspective and illuminate our own situation. Hopefully we'll make a good communal building block that fits into its place in the worldwide temple of the Holy Spirit as the master builder/architect continues in his work.

ONAN ONLINE
Let's continue to sow our virtual seeds of faith into the fertile and fallow soil of cyberspace...


The things that hit me personally from this series were:
  • [Be thou my vision. For some reason this song brought me to tears on the night, albeit briefly.
  • The response nail. It helps me to have something solid to rub and twist during meditation and sung worship.
  • Melissa's cool scripture images - I did wonder what had happened to her hand at first glance.]

Some of the reflections I've had on the church as part of this series are:

[Is there a Greek synonym for cession starting with an ε? If not we could be in trouble.]

I'm planning on being committed into my 'community' as a result:

[I'm not sure if I could have myself institutionalised. I might need some outside help.]

Other Random Thoughts!

[This "a cessionite" profile is coming in handy. Who said I needed to set up my own profile to comment on blogs that don't allow anonymous comments, when the community has set one up for me. Go the church - comprised of even dissenters!]

4 Comments:

Blogger Geekery said...

Hahahaha, you rock J. But how the heck did you getyour post all the way down here?

11:05 AM  
Blogger melissa said...

He saved it as a draft so it was published on the date the entry was started rather than the date it was posted.

7:08 PM  
Blogger melissa said...

I know this because I noticed when I was posting that there was a draft saved in the cession-ite profile.

7:09 PM  
Blogger BJ said...

I'm glad the seed of his idea was not wasted...

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home