Monday, July 03, 2006

Ekkleisia as Art in Progress: Frank

Forgive me father, for I have sinned..... I'm not using the template.... just offering some thoughts.

I loved the idea put forward of the ekkleisia (the church community) being art.

I like the idea of the community being a type of canvas on which not only God paints, but we also paint. A work of art where the things we use to form that art are our relationships and service; the offering of our very selves.

I heard a great saying once "out of pain, art is born". Whilst I like that saying, it only gives half of the story. Life produces art. Life is pain and joy, laughter and tears and sometimes even indifference. These are also the things that make up the experience of the ekkleisia, and if we ignore or try to avoid both the ups and downs then the painting remains incomplete.

I hereby submit myself to the painting, to be used by the Master artist and to contribute to that painting through my lifes ups and downs. Walking and journeying with others within the ekkleisia as we form this piece of art together.

Frank

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Frank for a great post - you are forgiven for not using the template - think of it as an option for those who were wondering what to say!

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Windows web server

4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home